Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sami on GeekCraft Expo RDU


This past weekend, me, our very own Paula P, and my brother David went to table at the local GeekCraft Expo! I've never done a show on this side of the table, and never been to one of the GeekCraft shows before, so I had no idea what to expect. I was SO NERVOUS setting up, but I'm so glad that Kim took a chance on me and let me join! It was awesome!


So often, in fact, that I didn't have time to take many pictures. These were sent to me by Paula! There were tables set up in several rows--not a big space, but a lot of variety inside it, everything from adorable tiny top hats, to chain maille, to awesome cupcakes. You can see the whole list of dealers here.


It was so exciting to be able to sell my stuff directly to people! So many people didn't know that home made nail polish was a thing, and it was so flattering and vindicating when people laughed at the names I'd given them. Everyone was so nice and so enthusiastic! I wish my helper had been able to come*, so that I could have wandered around and taken a look at more of what other people had to offer, but the sellers I talked to couldn't have been nicer or more friendly, and the customers--I had no idea that NC was so nerdy before I saw how many people came through the show!

The Expo was very well run, set up and taken down without a hitch as far as I could tell, and the people in charge did really well with social media promotions--lots of people came looking for us specifically because they'd seen us on the FB page and on Instagram! It was a long and exhausting day, but in the best way possible, and I'm so glad we did this!

*My niece, who had a play that weekend and couldn't make it.



No comments: